C, L-C, C-L and Pi Filters plus Custom TVS Solutions
EMI/RFI filter connectors incorporate electronic circuitry (capacitors) to strip line signals of unwanted RF or HRF noise that could potentially impact electronic equipment or system performance. Filter connectors may also be equipped with transient voltage suppression diodes to clamp off a high-energy power surge, such as might occur from a ligtning dtrike or EMP event, before the surge can damage sensitive electronic equipment.
Glenair manufactures a full range of filter connectors for use in EMI/EMP management of electronic systems and interconnect cabling. The connectors (typically receptacles) are designed in accordance with applicable connector specifications and will mate with plugs with the same insert configuration and opposite contact gender. Planar filter capacitor arrays and TVS diodes may be integrated into both standard catalog as well as build-to-order configurations. Glenair's state-of-the-art diode burn-in process tests leaded and surface mount diodes with leakage current monitored throughout the entire test procedure ensuring field reliability.
Glenair is only supplier of both build-to-spec as well as standard catalog filter connector solutions for the complete range of currently specified military aerospace circular and rectangular connectors, including MIL-DTL-38999, MIL-DTL-83513, MIL-DTL-24308, ARINC 600 and others. We maintain a 100% vertically integrated manufacturing facility for every aspect of EMI/EMP filter connector fabrication including in-house fabrication of multilayer ceramic planar arrays. As a result, we offer the fastest turnaround in our industry on both build-to-spec and standard catalog solutions.
Our capabilities include:
- C, L-C, C-L and Pi filter electrical configurations
- PC tail, solder cup or crimp-contact termination
- 10 to 1,000,000 pF capacitance
- Special high operating temperature solutions
- Planar, multilayer ceramic capacitive filters, with and without transient voltage suppression diodes
Introduction to Filter Connectors
- Practical Solutions for Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Application Checklist
- EMC Materials and Technologies
- EMI/EMP Filter Connector Overview
- Multilayer Ceramic Planar Capacitor Arrays
- EMI Filters and Transient Voltage Suppression Packaging
- Transient Voltage Suppression Workshop with Serge Gigawatt
- Transient Voltage Suppression - Diode Selection Guide
- Insertion Loss and Capacitance Values
- Insertion Loss Evaluation and Connector Customization
- Space Grade Applications, Soldering and Lightning Strike
- EMI/EMP Glossary
- Diode Burn-In Services
- Compliance Matrix for D38999 Series III Type Filter Connectors
Part Number Index
PC Tail Termination Note
To prevent detrimental intrusion of cleaning solvents/water into the connector when terminating, the connector must be protected IAW IPC J-STD-001 and/or NASA STD-8739.3. For assistance and/or additional information, please contact the factory.
EMI/EMP Filter Connectors and TVS Devices [ 23 MB pdf ]