Box, Wall, and Solder Mount Glass-Seal Hermetics for High-Pressure/Low-Leak Applications — Plus Special Crimp Contact and Lightweight CODE RED Hermetic Solutions all IAW MIL-DTL-38999 Series III
- Available sealing (helium leak rate) from <1×10-7 cc/sec to 1×10-10
- No material breakdown or aging over time
- Matched and compression seal glass-to-metal technologies
- Pressure resistance to 32,000+ PSI
- Available CODE RED lightweight aluminum hermetics with low-resistance copper contacts
- DSCC qualified MIL-DTL-38999 Series III glass-sealed hermetics in both pin and socket configurations
- Product Selection Guide
- Overview: SuperNine Hermetic Connectors
- Innovative Hermetic Solutions
- Materials and Specifications Summary
- Class H and NASA Space Grade Application Guides
- Special Shielded Contact Arrangements
- MIL-STD-1560 Special Shielded Contact Arrangements
- Performance Specifications
- MIL-STD-1560 Standard Contact Arrangements
On this page...
SuperNine Hermetic Connector
SuperNine Lightweight Hermetic Connectors with CODE RED Encapsulant
"Mission-Critical" Hermetic Sealing with 1x10-7 Leak-Rate Performance
Hermetically-sealed interconnects used in vacuum or high-altitude applications prevent moisture and other contaminants from damaging sensitive electronic equipment. Glass-to-metal hermetic sealing has been the gold standard in the aerospace and petrochemical industries for decades due to the strength and long-term durability of the materials used. But glass-to-metal seal hermetics come with a big price tag in both weight and electrical resistance.
CODE RED is an innovative sealing encapsulant and application process — invented by Glenair — that provides durable hermetic sealing in a lightweight aluminum package. CODE RED allows for the use of conventional gold-plated copper alloy contacts, significantly improving electrical performance. CODE RED hermetic connectors are available now in Glenair SuperNine® (D38999 Series III type), Series 80 Mighty Mouse, and M24308 D-Sub. These connectors deliver reliable, life-of-system 1x10-7 max leak-rate hermetic sealing and special non-magnetic (zero residual magnetism) versions are also available, consult factory.
- Overview: SuperNine Lightweight Hermetic Connectors with CODE RED Encapsulant
- "Mission-Critical" Hermetic Sealng Solution