D38999 Series IV, The Interconnect Industry's Most Reliable "Breech-Lock" Connector Solution. Class H Space-Grade Hermetic Qualified and Available.
MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV Connectors are available in DLA certified / qualified environmental and hermetic class designs. The Series IV offer the industry's most robust mating with a 90 degree quarter-turn breech-lock mate with visual, tactile and audible engagement confirmation. The rugged construction of the D38999 Series IV connector disperses the mating force across a channeled metal flange while threaded mechanical force provides friction, locking the mating halves securely. The Series IV features accessory threads and environmental sealing for reliable attachment of backshells. Widely used in missile applications and other defense and aerospace applications where robust mating and extreme resistance to vibration and shock is required. The full range of contact sizes, supported wire and insert arrangements specified in MIL-STD-1560 are available for this series as in Series III.
DLA QPL MIL-DTL-38999 Connectors Series IV available from Glenair
- Qualified environmental connector plug, as well as jam-nut, box mount, wall mount and in-line crimp-contact and PC tail receptacle connectors
- D38999 Series IV Environmental Series Slash Sheets: D38999/46, D38999/40, D38999/42, D38999/44
- D38999 Series IV Hermetic Series Slash Sheets: D38999/41, D38999/43, D38999/45, D38999/48
- All 1560 crimp-contact insert arrangements for MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series IV fully supported
- Commercial-equivalent Environmental and hermetic versions available with plating classes IAW MIL-DTL-38999 Connector
- A 100% made in America interconnect: No foreign sourced materials, component parts, or assembly labor employed
DLA qualified MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series IV connectors support all MIL-STD-1560 insert arrangements. Environmental Classes F, G and W are supplied for Series IV. QPL Hermetic versions of Series IV are available in classes Y and N. Class H Space-Grade Hermetic Qualified and Available.
MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series Technical Reference
- Product Selection Guide
- MIL-STD-1560 Standard Power and Signal Contact Arrangements for Environmental and Hermetic Connectors
- MIL-STD-1560 High-Speed Contact Arrangements - Pin Front View for Environmental Connectors Only
- MIL-STD-1560 Combo Contact Arrangements - Pin Front View for Environmental and Hermetic Connectors
- Space-grade Guidelines for Commercial Part Numbers
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III and IV Recommended Panel Cut-Outs
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series IV Alternate Key and Keyway Polarization
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III and IV Environmental and Hermetic Material and Finish
Contacts and Tools
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III and IV Pin Contact Selection Guide for Environmental Connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series III and IV Socket Contact Selection Guide for Environmental Connectors
- MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Contact Crimp and Installation Tools
The New MIL-DTL-38999 Go-To Supplier
Industry standard and special design MIL-DTL-38999 mil-aero cylindrical connectors from the most accommodating engineering and manufacturing team in the interconnect industry — we say yes to standards and specials!
- MIL-DTL-38999 One-Stop Shopping and Outstanding Availability
- MIL-DTL-38999 DLA Qualified Manufacturers List and Other D38999 Qualification Information
MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series IV Environmental
From vertical launch fire-control, tracking, and multi-target missile systems to rugged industrial applications such as mining/gas-pressure blasting, the Glenair's DLA qualified MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV connector is the ultimate solution for positive and reliable breech-locking connector performance. MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV plug and receptacle connectors are available in shell sizes 11—25, with MIL-STD-1560 insert arrangements as well as hybrid shielded contact arrangements. The heart of the MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV connector is its coupling nut/locking technology which provides rock solid breech-lock mating augmented with both primary and secondary locking mechanisms. Environmentally sealed, EMI grounded, and outfitted with pin-to-pin mating protection to prevent circuit shorts and mechanical damage, Glenair MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV QPL connectors deliver unsurpassed reliability and anti-demating performance.
MIL-DTL-38999 Connector Series IV Hermetic. Class H Space-Grade Hermetic Qualified and Available.
Hermetic-class DLA certified MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV connectors from Glenair provide hermetically sealed breech lock connectors for high shock and vibration applications. Breech-lock systems provide robust engagement augmented by an internal mechanical thread to ensure connectors remain mated. Glenair MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV hermetics maintain seal integrity and prevent ingress of chemical substances or fluids in mission-critical vacuum environments where air or gas impurities can result in corrosion, dielectric breakdown, and loss of insulation resistance between conductors. Typical applications include medical, geophysical, military aerospace and other industrial applications. Marked with D38999 or Glenair COTS part numbering, these hermetic class receptacles are available for box mount, jam-nut, solder mount and weld mount shell styles. All standard material and finish classes are supported including Y (CRES, passivated) and N (CRES, electrodeposited nickel). Contact arrangements per MIL-STD-1560 and both normal and alternate polarizations are fully supported. Best of all, defense and commercial aerospace customers, as well as land and marine engineers and procurement specialists may now specify these mission-critical interconnects directly from Glenair — the recognized service, support, and availability leader for the interconnect industry.
MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV Type EMI/RFI Filter Connector
- Panel Cut-Outs
- MIL-STD-1560 Insert Arrangements (Pin Front View) and Shell Polarization for MIL-DTL-38999 Series IV Type Filter Connectors