Turnkey • Connectorized
IPC-6012/6013 Class I, II, III, Types 1-4
PCB/flex circuit assemblies solve a myriad of problems for the electrical engineer. PCB/flex circuits offer unsurpassed size and weight reduction compared to cable bundles, especially in tight spaces with multi-branch routing. Flex circuitry offers outstanding mechanical performance, and is able to withstand extreme vibration environments and extended duty through thousands of flexing cycles. Replacing complicated wire bundle assemblies with high-density flex assures faster, error-free LRU assembly.
Glenair offers full-service, turnkey PCB/flex circuit assembly in our vertically-integrated design and manufacturing lab – from concept and Gerber design layout, through PCB/flex fabrication, termination to any of our I/O, board level or mezzanine connectors, and rigorous system validation testing and inspection. Ask us about our quick-turn 3D prototyping services.
Full-Service: From Concept and Design through Fabrication, Assembly and Test
In-House Connector Manufacture, Assembly, and Test
- Printed circuit board I/O connectors for rugged applications—made in America and in-stock
- Rectangular and circular form factors, including MIL-DTL-38999, Series 80 Mighty Mouse, MIL-DTL-24308, MIL-DTL-83513, and others
- Fully back-potted and sealed for ease-of-assembly, washout, and Parylene compatibility
- Innovative wire-to-board terminations including surface mount, spring contact, compliant pin, and others
Connectorized Flex Assemblies
- Point-to-point or multibranch connectorized jumpers
- Flexible, repeatable routing for complex 3-dimensional installations
- Save size, weight, and improve density compared to wire bundles
- Broadest range of high-performance I/O and board connectors
- Optimized reliability: high-speed, high temp, high shock and vibe
Rigid Board Assemblies
- Rigid substrate assemblies for rugged durability and performance
- Hard-mount points for connectors and surface-mount components
- Ideally suited for double-sided component mounting
- Superior performance in high shock and vibe applications
Rigid Flex Assemblies
- "Best of both worlds" combines durable rigid-board architecture with flex circuitry for double-sided component mounting and easy/flexible circuit routing
- 3-D vibration-resistant flex routing advantage plus hard mount points and stiffeners as required
- Integration of active componentry with flex circuitry
Glenair Integrated Flex Assemblies: A Unique Value Proposition
Glenair is a vertically-integrated operation, with over 1 million square feet of engineering and manufacturing space in the United States, Mansfield U.K., and Bologna Italy. Only Glenair, amongst the many suppliers of Flex and Rigid Flex assemblies, offers such a broad range of high-reliability printed circuit board connectors of our own design and manufacture – including thousands of Mil-qualified and commercial I/O and PCB termination solutions. Glenair is IPC 610, ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified.
Glenair offers IPC Class III manufacturing, up to 8+ layers, multiple panel sizes and panel thicknesses up to .5 inch. A broad variety of materials are available for PCB/Flex fabrication, including Polyimide, FR-4, Rogers 4003, and Isola. Available surface finishes include ENIG, HASL, Ni/Au and more.
Turnkey Validation Testing and Production Delivery
Glenair's in-house capability can meet every requirement, from a single piece to large production orders. All assemblies are terminated, tested, and packaged in our Nadcap accredited production lab.