Qualified Military Standard Electrical Connectors and Accessories for Shipboard Applications, Now Available with Qualified Tin-Zinc Plating (Class Codes L and M) IAW AMS2434 Type 2
The standard connector and backshell series for shipboard use, MIL-DTL-28840 offers high-density insert arrangements and high-shock performance. Glenair's qualified product line is fully tooled, highly available, and supplied in all classes including cadmium-free and compatible tin-zinc (TZ) plating for class code L and M (class T and TJ) navy land and maritime applications.
The MIL-DTL-28840 features RFI/EMI shielding, scoop-proof shells and corrosion resistant materials and finishes. In addition to all the connector types and styles, Glenair makes all the backshell accessory slash numbers as well. The addition of the MIL-DTL-28840 connector product line is part of Glenair's total commitment to meeting all your shipboard interconnect requirements. So, if a rugged, environmental M28840 solution is in your future, think Glenair — from connectors to accessories.
- High Density, High Shock, Scoop Proof Insert Arrangements
- Flange Mount, Box Mount, Jam-Nut and In-Line Receptacles
- Straight, 45° and 90° Strain Reliefs and Backshell Assemblies
- Sav-Con® Connector Savers
- MIL-DTL-28840 Qualified (Including Compatible Tin-Zinc Cadmium Class Replacement)
- Additional Glenair Commercial Part Numbers with Features Not Available in the Mil-Spec
MIL-DTL-28840 In a Nutshell
MIL-DTL-28840 connectors were developed for the Navy for use in shipboard applications. They are a high density, environmental, circular connector series utilizing a high shock, threaded coupling system with front release crimped contacts. Note the splined backshell interface and the integrated wire sealing grommet that both add to the environmental and mechanical performance of this ruggedized connector.
- Connector Accessories — No Gaps: Every Slash Sheet, Every Size
- Introduction: MIL-DTL-28840 Shipboard Electrical Connectors
- Performance Specifications, Class, and Finishes
- Contact Crimping, Insertion and Removal Tools for MIL-DTL-28840 Connectors
M22520/34-01, M22520/34-02, M22520/35, M81969/33-01, M81969/33-02, and M81969/34-01
- Contact Insertion/Extraction Instructions
- Standard Insert Arrangements
- Polarization Keyways
Glenair Authorized Distributor
List of popular MIL-DTL-28840 specification part numbers.