13.5 kVDC–22 kVDC High-Voltage, Low Amperage Insertable / Removable Contact Assemblies for High-Voltage DC Circuit Applications
Glenair kV Seal™ contact assemblies are used in applications such as traveling-wave tube RF amplifier devices, directional radar, missile seekers, fire control systems, and other electronic devices that utilize extremely high-voltage circuits in their operation. High-voltage DC is used for the excitation and activation of certain electronic elements within these systems.
- Seals interface air gap
- Air-excluding interface and overmolded wire strain relief increase breakdown strength at higher altitudes
- Obstructs interface creep path, increasing breakdown strength against surface tracking
- Modular design integrates into multiple connector packages
- Scales for various operating voltages
kV Seal pre-wired single- or double-ended assemblies are designed for drop-in use in Glenair signature SuperNine connectors (D38999 Series I, II, III, and IV type), Mighty Mouse, and Series 79 Micro Crimp rectangular connectors. Size #12 kV Seal contacts may be paired with #22 or #24 AWG wire for applications requiring 13.5 kVDC operating voltage. kV Seal Plus designs provide 15 kVDC voltage performance. Size #8 kV Seal high-voltage contacts utilize #16 AWG wire for 22 kVDC operating voltage. These insertable / removable assemblies are compatible with mil-standard 1560 contact arrangements incorporating non-keyed size #12 and size #8 contacts.
- Overview: kV Seal™ High-Voltage Contact Assemblies
- Selection Guide, Connector Compatibility, Application Showcase