Glenair: One Stop Shopping for All Your Interconnect System Tooling Requirements
Factory and field assembly of electrical and optical interconnect harnesses requires an extensive array of specialized tooling: from wire cutters and strippers to contact termination tools, contact insertion and removal tool, connector holding tools, shield termination tools, circuit testers and more. For large applications, such as the avionics system cabling in a wide-body commercial jet, literally hundreds of unique tools are required to assemble, install and service the interconnect cabling.
Glenair manufactures many of the specialty tools used in high-reliability in terconnect harness assembly. And we are distributors for a wide range of additional tooling from the industry's other leading manufacturers. In the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, France, Spain and the Nordic region, Glenair has built a reputation for providing turnkey interconnect tool kits and tooling service pro grams. Military and commercial customers consistently choose Glenair as their tooling supplier due to our unique ability to provide:
- System level tooling needs assessment and consulting
- Custom kits and workstations for a broad range of interconnect applications and working environments
- Custom tool labeling and packaging
- Translated, local language tooling instruction sets
- Calibration, test and refurbishing services
- Same day availability on both individual tooling part numbers and kits
Glenair custom kits are available to address everything from the contact crimping and assembly requirements of an entire interconnect system to the maintenance of a single connector series.